Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Verona - Romeo and Juliet

Ever since I saw the movie Letters to Juliet, I have dreamed of going to Verona, Italy. It is the birthplace of Romeo and Juliet. Allie and I stayed at a Bed & Breakfast. We arrived later in the evening, so we went out for dinner, walked around a little, and decided to do all of our sightseeing the following day. We walked to Juliet's house and saw the balcony as well as the statue of Juliet. It was not exactly like the movie, however, people do not stick their letters on the wall outside of the balcony, but instead in mailboxes. I was quite disappointed, but it was still amazing to see it. Unfortunately it was also drizzling, so after a few minutes we decided to have a coffee break. Afterwards we walked around a little more, but there is not too much to see in Verona, so we took a noon train to Milan. When I got back to Spain, I was just dying to watch Letters to Juliet. I saw a few places where they filmed in the movie, so I was elated! I truly enjoyed my time in Verona and seeing Juliet's house. Unfortunately there is not much to report about Milan. Allie and I arrived in the afternoon and walked around window shopping, but nothing too exciting. Then we got up early the next morning and headed back to Spain. I was disappointed to leave Italy, but I was also excited to be going back to Spain. I leave for Morocco on Friday morning and I cannot wait. It is going to be an interesting experience and I can't wait to tell you all about it.

Entrance to Juliet's house

Balcony 

Statue of Juliet

Graffiti covering the entrance to the house

Plaza where we had coffee 

1 comment:

  1. Hi gad about, when our whole family went to Europe we gave a guy from Verona (hitchhiker) a lift. Nice young guy. He was outnumbered with the ten of us in case he tried something, but he seemed very nice. You sound like you are having a gay old time. I got a picture of David without anyone looking, inside the museum. No flash 'cuz it was so bright anyway. Back to the family trip, we didn't really stop and see Verona. Looks interesting tho. Gosh, I just saw a Top Model episode and they were in Morocco. Darn, You will probably get to ride a camel first!!! One of the girls was standing up on a camel. I don't think you should try that. You are going to have a novel before you get through traveling . Looking forward to your e-mail on what you are going to wear in Istanbul and Africa!!! Love you, Grandma G.

    ReplyDelete