Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Leaning Tower of Pisa

Allie and I took the train from Florence to Pisa in order to see the Leaning Tower of Pisa of course. It took about 20 minutes to walk to the tower from the train station and you can't actually see the tower until you turn the corner. My first thought was oh my gosh its actually leaning. I know its a bit cliche, but it really does lean quite substantially. We began taking pictures, trying to get our hands exactly right, so it appeared as though we were holding the tower up. A little more difficult than I would have thought. After trial and error, we were finally able to get a few good pictures. Then we sat on the grass and enjoyed the sun. We grabbed a quick lunch and then headed back to Florence. I am so glad that I was able to see the Leaning Tower of Pisa, I have always wanted to see it and it was definitely worth the trip!




1 comment:

  1. Hello again, now just imagine Grandpa Jack and me with the eight kids walking around the different levels of the tower!!! Scary, eh? Andy and Tessie were 4 and 3 at the time. I couldn't wait to get down and see that we had all descended to the ground level. This is where one of the kids came back and said we have to have $ to go to the bathroom, tip for the lady in charge. Never a dull minute on that trip. Glad you have enjoyed the places you've seen, and been, but the best is yet to come, Turkey & Africa!!!! Study hard, have fun and count the days 'til we meet in Madrid, Wow!!!! Love you lots, GG

    ReplyDelete