Sunday, June 12, 2011

London

After a long plane ride from South Africa to London, grandma and I prepared to take on London. First we took the train into London. We grabbed a quick bite to eat and then walked to Buckingham Palace. The last time I was in London was when I was 8, so it was great to see all of the sights again. The next stop was Westminster Abbey. Grandma and I took lots of pictures and walked around the outside. The little gift shop was filled with souvenirs from William and Kate's wedding. On our way to the Crown Jewels, we passed Big Ben. I remember when I was 8 our tour guide told us that if the clock ever struck the 25th hour, the lions out front would spring to life! The Crown Jewels was by far my favorite. The jewels were spectacular. I am glad we were on a moving side walk to see them otherwise I might have spent all day admiring them. We then watched the London Bridge rise for a boat to pass under and then headed to Harrods. We had a few minutes to look around before the store closed, but it was worth it. Afterwards we walked back to the train station and headed back to the hotel. Overall this has been a fabulous trip. I am very thankful that I was able to go on this journey with my grandma and see so many beautiful places. I have learned a lot during my semester abroad, but I am happy to be returning to the States. It is hard to believe that in four months I have been to seven countries and three continents. I enjoyed ever minute of my experience and can't wait for my next trip! Thank you all for reading my blog. It has been an amazing journey!
In front of my castle!

Buckingham Palace

Westminster Abbey 





1 comment:

  1. An amazing journey it was, from Madrid to Istanbul to Africa, a step into Asia, ending in beautiful London, even tho it rained most of the day. That didn't keep Ebby and I from trudging through the rain to get the most of sightseeing accomplished before boarding the train back to our hotel near the airport. Another granddaughter was in London the same day, I never heard "hey grandma, Ebby, it's Brittany" calling to us at all. I couldn't have had a more wonderful, exciting, awesome, etc., trip if I had gone with a friend my age(80) or another 21 yr. old. Let's do it again E.B.LoL G/G

    ReplyDelete