Monday, March 28, 2011

Lisbon, Portugal

The next morning we left the hotel early in order to catch our flight to Lisbon, Portugal. We spent the day wandering around Portugal and getting accustomed to the city. A lot of the buildings were decorated with painted ceramic tiles. Lisbon is an extremely hilly city. I felt like I was in San Francisco walking up and down the hills. The following day we climbed up to the castle and walked around. It was pretty much in ruins, except for the surrounding walls, but it had an amazing view of the city. I was surprised that I could understand some of the signs in Portuguese, but I had a hard time understanding people when they were speaking it. Later I talked to my host mom and her son about it and they said they can understand Portuguese to some extent and could have a conversation with someone from Portugal because the language is so similar. I woke up in the morning to my 21st Birthday!!! We had a nice breakfast and then flew back to Spain.




Looking out onto the bay. 

Dinner where I had steak for the first time in months!!!

Replica of the Christ statue in Rio de Janeiro. 

Ceramic tiles on the side of the buildings.  


At the top of the castle. 

Lobby of the hotel

1 comment:

  1. After seeing the movie "With A Song In My Heart", someday I want to see Portugal. Since I have seen the Christ statue in Rio de Janerio, I'll have to see the one in Portugal too. You all look like you are having a wonderful trip. LOL,G.G.

    ReplyDelete