Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hola from Spain!!!

Hola! After arriving on Tuesday morning in Malaga, I spent the day getting a cell phone and touring around Malaga. The next morning we had orientation from 8-5 then we took buses to Granada. The countryside is mazing with rolling hills covered with beautiful trees (maybe cherry trees??). I have never seen anything like it. When I arrived, my roommate Megan and I were met by our host mom, Amparo. She is a nice older lady who has six children, the youngest of which is studying at a university in Valencia. We live in a nice 3 story house and Megan and I each have our own room. Amparo made us dinner for the first night, zucchini soup (interesting, but actually very good), which kind of tasted like broccoli cheese soup. Amparo does not speak English, which I think will be very helpful. Right now my Spanish is awful, but it is already starting to improve. I have enjoyed my time so far tremendously. All of the people in my program are great. I am now in a 2 week orientation program, where we take classes every morning and then have activities in the afternoon. So far my favorite part about Spain is the siestas;)

I am going out for tapas tonight and will try to post some pictures when  I return. I can't wait to explore Granada!

~Elizabeth~

1 comment:

  1. We are so happy you made it safely. The pictures are beautiful and we can't wait to visit.

    ReplyDelete